Feelings drive behavior
The first impression you make has never been more important than it is in business today.
We live in a very fast-moving world, where that first impression is made in seconds.
A study at Princeton University, made by Alexander Todorov, showed that we make a first impression in one-tenth of a second (Todorov and Willis, 2006) !
And when this first impression is over we often never get a good chance again. People trust this first impression so much that they overlook that life can offer many more chances. They too often believe, a negative impression must always be a negative one. They grant no excuse when others don’t present the own personality well. They think others should get their behavior right from the outset. However, that is not always possible.
Trust is lost quick, when we show others no respect, demotivate them and treat them bad. Feelings drive behaviors and people behavior is ultimately affected by how people feel about themselves.
When people feel valued, respected and motivated, this is the starting point for change in relationships. Trust can develop.
06/22/2016 / Karin Sebelin / 0
My Success as Brand
In 2011 and 2012 I was several weeks no.1 in the Ecademy score ( for blogging, engagement and engaging / among 600.000 network members ).
Read my brand story:
- What makes you a leader?
- Beware of “throwing pearls before swine”
- Track happiness! Avoid things that make you unhappy!
- Is it dangerous to have a firm attitude to life?
- Too much #EGO kills your talent!
- If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else
- What drives you crazy?
- How to make money with a new trust strategy
- Finding your ONE BIG THING
- Selflessness is no act of #trust !